Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Chicks Grow Up

The chicks, or I guess I should say pullets, have moved out of my office and into their coop. I was keeping the heat lamp on out there for the first couple of nights when the temperatures dipped, but the weather has been decent at night and pretty hot during the day (when I say hot, I mean 70s) so the heat lamp has been off and the girls have been getting used to the new surroundings. I've lined the floor of the coop with a couple inches of hay topped with another couple inches of pine shavings. They are so cute when they're all nestled down into the litter together to go to sleep. On the down side, they aren't exactly cooperative about going back into the coop at night, which means I get eaten alive by mosquitoes chasing them around the run; I now reek of vinegar, which the internet tells me is supposed to stop itchy bug bites; The internet lies. Anyway, here are some pictures of the girls enjoying their new digs.


The Mischievous One watches the chickens from inside.




No comments:

Post a Comment