Thursday, June 16, 2011

Peach Cobbler and Lettuce Soup

     Even though I didn't get to do much in the garden this weekend because of the rain, I did get to harvest some Rouge D'Hiver lettuce and basil from my garden today to make lettuce soup. I got the recipe from a blog called "The Nourishing Gourmet". Click here to get the recipe. The soup is delicious and easy to make. Other than the lettuce and potatoes, the recipe also calls for 1/4 cup of basil and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, which gives the soup a nice zing. I only had a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar left (who runs out of balsamic vinegar?) so I had to substitute the rest with sherry vinegar. Like the spinach zucchini soup, this soup is a good way to get your greens without having to munch on salad all the time.

Lettuce Soup
     I'm also including a recipe for peach cobbler in this post, partly because mine came out so awesome looking (and tasting), and partly because cobbler is a great summer recipe. I got this cobbler from Heather Van Vourous' website. Click here for the recipe. It's super sweet and dairy free for those of you who are lactose intolerant.

Peach Cobbler

No comments:

Post a Comment